Why does the proxy server reject my username and password?
If you are getting prompted over and over again to enter your username and password, make sure you're using the right username and password!
If you are logging in with a CalNet ID:
- Make sure that the "Caps Lock" key on your keyboard is not in effect.
- Test whether your CalNet ID is still valid and log in.
- Note: To protect your privacy on a shared computer, quit the web browser when your session is finished.
If you are logging in with a library PIN:
- Make sure that you are using the number printed on your current UCB Library Card or Cal 1 Card.
- If needed, reset your PIN by clicking on the "Forgot your PIN or don't have a PIN?" link on the Login to My OskiCat screen.
- Make sure that the email address is the one associated with your Library account. If you're not sure which email address you use for this purpose, log into My OskiCat and use the address displayed there.
If your username and password were accepted but you see a message such as "Proxy authorization failed", your Library privileges may have expired or your affiliation with UC Berkeley may not warrant access to the proxy server.
Only UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff, and some other individuals affiliated with the University, are eligible to use the proxy server. If you have questions concerning your eligibility for Library services, please contact the Privileges Desk in Doe Library (510-642-3403).