I followed the setup instructions, why haven't my configuration changes taken effect?
- Be sure you have followed the configuration instructions exactly. Check to make sure you have entered the correct "automatic proxy configuration" URL into your browser settings:
- Be sure there are no spaces or extra characters to the left or right of the URL.
- Before closing the configuration dialog box, be sure to click the OK, Apply now, or Reload button if provided.
- Be sure you are using a browser that supports Automatic Proxy Configuration.
On a Macintosh, no version of Internet Explorer supports Automatic Proxy Configuration. Use Firefox, Safari, Mozilla, or Netscape for this purpose.
AOL's browser (a highly customized version of Internet Explorer), will not work with the proxy server. Use a different browser instead.
- Make sure that cookies are enabled in the browser.