About the Libraries
- The Library consists of:
- Affiliated libraries contain significant campus collections.
- Tours: Many of the libraries offer tours. Please also check a library's website for tour dates and times.
- Physical and online exhibits: Highlight the breadth of library collections and academic interests on campus.
- Free Speech Movement Café: At the entrance to Moffitt Library, it is a casual place to gather, study, take a break with friends and colleagues, or participate in a stimulating educational program.
View a photo tour of selected architectural highlights of the University Library
Statement of Purpose
The UC Berkeley Library connects students and scholars to the world of information and ideas. With a daily commitment to excellence and innovation, we select and create, organize and protect, provide and teach access to resources that are relevant to our campus programs and pursuits. (Developed by Library Staff; endorsed during Fall 2000, by Library Administration)
The Library welcomes suggestions for titles to consider purchasing.
- Use the Purchase Recommendation form to send us your suggestions.
The goal for all policies in the Library is to further excellence in the collections and services we offer and to create an environment that is welcoming and productive for our users. Library policies support the policies and priorities set by the campus and the UC system, and are in alignment with state and federal regulations and requirements.