Re: Public library video collections

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:29:43 -0800 (PST)

Would it really circulate more or would it just be bought for the collection
? Back to the same old problem would the collection development people order
more copies of writers like Michael Crichton and Turow merely because the
circulate better or would they in fact buy more serious history, novels
etc.
For MOST branch libraries video remains an afterthought often bought merely
based on circulation & price with little serious consideration given to
collection development. Nothing new about this, I just feel like kvetching
on Mondays.

Jessica

PS A gorgeous print of SUNRISE does exist, but Unfortuntely Fox which owns
it, only released on disc ( reluctantly at that)