(no subject)

Stevie Andrew (SANDREW@iowa-city.lib.ia.us)
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:39:05 -0800 (PST)

Does your "gorgeous print of Sunrise" really exist? When our old video copy had to be declared dead last month, I couldn't find a replacement. Facets only offers it on laserdisc. If you know more...

Stevie Andrew
Iowa City Public Library

>>> Mike Tribby <mike.tribby@dawson.com> 12/09/99 03:43PM >>>
Another sad fact that I suspect leads many public libraries to acquire
lowest common denominator feature titles before more expensive videos is
that in many places, the public library's success or failure is judged
solely or mostly by circulation figures. Guess what--more people will
check out the latest Bruce Willis dross or mindless kid-romp than even a
gorgeous print of Sunrise. One of my library school professors was an
ardent proponent of "marketing" one's collection and proving success by
pointing to circulation figures.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.