Re: Pricing, labelling

Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:18:07 -0800 (PST)

Short answer: No. I sent out the citations on this a couple of months
ago, but legal experts agree that we have the right to allow our patrons
-- in any type of library -- to view home video titles in our libraries in
individual and small group viewing settings. Public libraries only need
public performance rights if they plan to actually sponsor group showings
(either free or for an admission price). However, virtually all expensive
titles come with public perfomance rights. That's part of what you are
buying for the higher price.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries