Re: content warnings

R. Hertzler (rhertz@u.washington.edu)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:55:19 -0800 (PST)

I'd have to agree with Pam. Aside from that, however, check out the
American Library Association's Statement on Labeling from the Intellectual
Freedom Manual: http://www.ala.org/alaorg/oif/labeling.html

Quoting from the text, "Labeling is the practice of describing or
designating materials by affixing a prejudicial label and/or segregating
them by a prejudicial system. The American Library Association opposes
these means of predisposing peoples attitudes toward library materials . .
."

Randy Hertzler
University of Washington