Re: VRT Newsletter and Opinion Poll

Becky Albitz (r2a@psulias.psu.edu)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:57:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim and all VRTers:

I am against eliminating the paper copy 'cause there are still some folks
out there who do not have reliable internet connections, and they are the
people who probably are unable to reply to this message because they aren't
able to subscribe to the list!

I think an option, if the cost is getting too prohibitive to print lots of
newsletters, is to provide the option of eliminating the paper
subscription, if the member chooses to do so. A bookkeeping challenge, I
know, but an option.

Best to all,

Becky

At 01:56 PM 12/6/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi All you VRT members,
>
>This is just a note to tell you that the Fall VRT Newsletter will be
>winging its way to your mailbox (snail-mail wise, that is) soon. Tom
>Fowler is finished crafting and duplicating and is awaiting mailing labels
>from ALA. We are sorry for the delay, but the timing will be just perfect
>before the Midwinter ALA meetings in San Antonio. I can hardly wait.
>
>I would like to hear from all VRT members on this issue. I'd even like to
>hear from potential VRT members and videolist serv lurkers (please indicate
>preference here) on this issue. The VRT newsletter is very expensive to
>duplicate and, since we are supposed to be one of the more technology-wise
>groups in ALA, it seems only logical that we consider putting our
>newsletter on our website either as an HTML document or downloadable .pdf
>format. So I'd like to hear from people...
>
>1) Do you think putting the VRT Newsletter on our website is a good idea?
>(We would probably stop hard copy printing)
>
>2) Do you have access to a PC/web browser and Adobe Acrobat 2.0 or greater?
>
>3) Do you have an individual e-mail address to send the newsletter to?
>(this may sound like a dumb question since I'm talking to you over e-mail)
>
>4) What barriers do you see for yourself in placing the newsletter on the
>website?
>

>Thanks for your input. Just remember, if I don't hear anything from you
>folks, I'm going to bring it up to the Executive Committee and make it
>happen - cause right now I think that it's a good idea. Jim Scholtz.

Becky Albitz
Head Librarian
Penn State Shenango
147 Shenango Ave.