Re: VRT Newsletter and Opinion Poll

Kari Noren (kari@frif.com)
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:11:37 -0800 (PST)

Dear Jim: Thanks for your email. I think an email addressed newsletter would
be good instead of hard copy. There would be 4 of us here at First
Run/Icarus Films that would want to receive it. We all have individual email
addresses. Wish I could go to San Antonio but we don't do Mid Winter!

Best regards,

Kari Noren
Sales Director

At 01:55 PM 12/6/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi All you VRT members,
>
>This is just a note to tell you that the Fall VRT Newsletter will be
>winging its way to your mailbox (snail-mail wise, that is) soon. Tom
>Fowler is finished crafting and duplicating and is awaiting mailing labels
>from ALA. We are sorry for the delay, but the timing will be just perfect
>before the Midwinter ALA meetings in San Antonio. I can hardly wait.
>
>I would like to hear from all VRT members on this issue. I'd even like to
>hear from potential VRT members and videolist serv lurkers (please indicate
>preference here) on this issue. The VRT newsletter is very expensive to
>duplicate and, since we are supposed to be one of the more technology-wise
>groups in ALA, it seems only logical that we consider putting our
>newsletter on our website either as an HTML document or downloadable .pdf
>format. So I'd like to hear from people...
>
>1) Do you think putting the VRT Newsletter on our website is a good idea?
>(We would probably stop hard copy printing)
>
>2) Do you have access to a PC/web browser and Adobe Acrobat 2.0 or greater?
>
>3) Do you have an individual e-mail address to send the newsletter to?
>(this may sound like a dumb question since I'm talking to you over e-mail)
>
>4) What barriers do you see for yourself in placing the newsletter on the
>website?
>

>Thanks for your input. Just remember, if I don't hear anything from you
>folks, I'm going to bring it up to the Executive Committee and make it
>happen - cause right now I think that it's a good idea. Jim Scholtz.

Kari Noren
Sales Director
First Run/Icarus Films
153 Waverly Place