Re: Your Listserv discussion

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 07:09:31 -0800 (PST)

As far as I know Arab Film Distributors is the exclusive distributor of
their high end (exspensive) titles. Basically they are films for which their
is presumed to be too small a market to be sold retail thus the very high
price. Companies like this feel that unless they charge $200 plus per tape
they can not stay in business. This is the flip side of some of the issues
that have been discussed lately. In the case of Arab Film Distributors I
think they would be VERY receptive to selling their titles for much less IF
they could sell enough copies to cover the difference. I think the list (
and others in the library media world) could formulate a plan to work with
companies like this to assure them that they would sell enough copies to
make it worth while to lower the price.
Anyone got any ideas?

Jessica