RE: Interesting pricing

Cathleen Cummings, Media Coordinator - SRJC (ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:20:53 -0800 (PST)

At 08:54 AM 12/01/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>

>This recent discussion has gotten me to thinking: we're 400 or 500 strong
>on this list, not a bad chunk of buying power. Seems to me that as a sort
>of pressure group, we might be able to lean on vendors whose practices
>are...um...questionable, or odd. I don't think Insight would care a fig
>about what we say...I think FFHS would.
>
>Should we be doing something en masse?

I would love to find a way to give some constructive criticism en masse to
FFHS. We purchase a lot of videos from them and get thoroughly upset when
we purchase a video only to find that we already have that production in a
series such as "World of Ideas with Bill Moyers", etc. And...no copyright
date! It makes our researching much more time consuming than necessry.

Cathleen Cummings
Media Coordinator, Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA- USA 95401
ccumming@floyd.santarosa.edu