Re: Interesting pricing

Judy Jones (jonesjm@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:57:33 -0800 (PST)

This is what I was trying to say also; however you said it
better.

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:41:56 -0800 (PST) Reply-to:
videolib@library.berkeley.edu From: "Jan Derks"
<jderks@ald.lib.co.us> To: Multiple recipients of list
<videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: Re: Interesting
pricing

Ditto, ditto!! From someone who's had egg on my face more than once due to
purchasing "new" sets that we already had under a different individual or series
title, I'm fed up, too! Another "challenge" I've faced several times this year
is purchasing a title that I don't realize is part of a set. Of course, I only
realize this when the title arrives and the jacket indicates that the title's
part of a series. We only put out complete sets of any series, knowing that, if
we don't, patrons will immediately want the title in the series that we don't
have. Ideas on how to deal with that?

Jan Derks
A/V Collections Librarian
Arapahoe Library District