RE: Interesting pricing

Judy Jones (jonesjm@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 08:35:55 -0800 (PST)

I agree. My other pet peeve, and this applies primarily to
FFHS, is not including the date. You wouldn't believe how many
duplicates were ordered this past year because of this trick of
putting old titles into "sets" and renaming the set.

Also, it appears that a number of titles this past two years are
not the exclusive right of one distributor to sell and so
several distributors will handle the same work and alter the
description and/or title and call that item "new" in their
catalog.

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 06:24:45 -0800 (PST)
Hansen" <ehhan@conncoll.edu> To: Multiple recipients of
list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu> Subject: RE: Interesting
pricing

Gary,
You have stumbled on one of my pet peeves! I dread the appearance of
faculty requests from their catalogs! I always feel morally obligated to
research all the alternative pricing options on their titles before finally
placing an order with Insight! They also have a tricky way of supplying
titles which do not accurately reflect the item.... thus I have ended up
with duplicates on occasion despite my best sleuthing efforts!
Arrrrrrgh!
Beth Hansen