Re: Interesting pricing

Linda Engelberg (engel@hawaii.edu)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:30:58 -0800 (PST)

I have several titles I'm working on right now which show a similar
disparity in pricing. e.g.:

Julie Taymor: Setting a Scene is listed at for $119 (First Run Features
sells it for $14.95)

Introduction to Waste Stream Management lists for $139. (Intelecom
sells it for $99)

Suicide Risk Assessment and Violence Risk Assessment list for $149 each
(The Altschul Group sells them for $79 each)

Are Ethics and Contemporary Social Work Practice Compatible lists for
$129 (NASW Press sells it for $69).

The Insight Media flyer on Dental Hygiene is full of similar examples.
I routinely check all faculty requests for Insight Media titles for
better prices elsewhere. OCLC is the best place to check though other
standard sources are also helpful. On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Gary Handman
wrote:

> Thumbing thru the latest Insight Media catalog, I noticed two interesting
> things:
>
> Woman in the Dunes is listed at $149 (it sells for $29.95 at FACETS)
> Marat/Sade is listed at $99 (it sells for $24.95 at FACETS)
>
> Somehow, I don't think shipping and handling account for the differences.
> Any Insight lurkers out there want to address this?
>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000
> 510-643-8566
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
>
> "You are looking into the mind of home video. It is innocent, it is aimless,
> it is determined, it is real" --Don DeLillo, Underworld

Linda Engelberg
Video Librarian
Wong Audiovisual Center
Sinclair Library