Re: Resource for listing films by type of character

Nell Chenault (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:04:10 -0800 (PST)

The same is true of the Internet Movie Database. You can keyword search
plot and film title.
You can also keyword search character name. "Lawyer" brings up hundreds of
minor character lawyers. IMD displays characters by gender: male then
female. I was taught that ladies go first!

At 11:26 PM 11/29/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Films by Genre/Daniel Lopez
>has list of Lawyer films.
>
>All Movie Guide has the possibility of searching by keyword and plotline,
>but lately it doesn't work so well.
>

>Naomi Tirosh
>Media Librarian
>Haifa University Library
>
>At 07:26 29/11/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>>Is there a resource that lists feature films by type of character? I'm
>>specifically looking for a comprehensive and ongoing list of films that
>>deal with lawyers (have lawyers as prominent characters in the film),
>>and so would like to know if such a list might exist.
>>
>>We currently have a fairly comprehensive collection of "law" films. It
>>would be nice to know, however, if there is an easy way to make sure we
>>are on top of the current titles.
>>
>>Thanks for any and all suggestions
>>
>>--
>>Jim Mumm
>>Acquisitions / Serials Librarian
>>Marquette University Law Library
>>jim.mumm@marquette.edu
>>414-288-5351
>>414-288-5914 FAX

Nell J. Chenault nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu
Cabell Media Resource Services
University Library Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA 23284-2033 (804) 828-1088 FAX: 828-7473