Re: Resource for listing films by type of character

Mon, 29 Nov 1999 08:28:43 -0800 (PST)

The BFI Film Index International CD-ROMallows one to search plot/synopsis
by character type.

If you can't afford the BFI, you might try the following books:

Bergman, Paul, 1943-
Reel justice : the courtroom goes to the movies / Paul Bergman and
Michael
Asimow. Kansas City : Andrews and McMeel, c1996.

Black, David A. (David Alan), 1959-
Law in film : resonance and representation / David A. Black. Urbana :
University of Illinois Press, c1999.

At 07:26 AM 11/29/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Is there a resource that lists feature films by type of character? I'm
>specifically looking for a comprehensive and ongoing list of films that
>deal with lawyers (have lawyers as prominent characters in the film),
>and so would like to know if such a list might exist.
>
>We currently have a fairly comprehensive collection of "law" films. It
>would be nice to know, however, if there is an easy way to make sure we
>are on top of the current titles.
>
>Thanks for any and all suggestions
>
>--
>Jim Mumm