Re: William Powell where are you?

Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:46:47 -0800 (PST)

Shay...mikey..L-shee does have an ALCOHOLISM IN MOTION PISSURES...

..an' check the following out:

Denzin, Norman K.
Title: Hollywood shot by shot : alcoholism in American cinema / Norman
K. Denzin. New York : A. de Gruyter, c1991.

Series: Communication and social order.

Notes: Includes bibliographical references (p. 269-286) and index.

Subjects: Alcoholism in motion pictures.
Family in motion pictures.
Motion pictures -- United States -- History.
Motion pictures -- Social aspects -- United States.
Popular culture -- United States.

Cheers! (and best wishes for a lost weekend...)

At 11:22 AM 11/24/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Please pardon the intrusion of a cataloging question on this list, but I've
>got a book called Hollywood Cocktails that concerns how to mix the drinks
>the stars drank (or drink) on the silver screen, and much to my chagrin I
>discovered that there is no subject heading in LCSH for Drinking in motion
>pictures. There is Drinking of alcoholic beverages in literature, Drinking
>of alcoholic beverages on television, Drinking in art, Drinking in the
>Bible, Alcholism in motion pictures, Drugs in motion pictures, Drugs and
>motion pictures, Food in motion pictures and Smoking in motion pictures,
>etc. I can probably get a subject heading approved through CPSO, but
>unlike name authority, subject spawning requires actual evidence of
>literary warrant. Could anyone suggest some titles of related books that I
>could cite as evidence for said warrant? Thanks and with luck we could
>have a Drinking in motion pictures subject heading in place by New Year's
Eve.

>Mike Tribby
>Senior Cataloger
>Quality Books Inc.