Re: Circulating videos

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:04:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kim, I'm the Director of the Yankton (SD) Community Library and we allow
all of our videos to circulate ILL - mostly in-state, but we will consider
out-of-state as long as the requesting library may reciprocate. Normally,
our videos circulate for 1 week but ILLs we circ. for a time dependent upon
geographic location, patron use and method of transport (mail, etc.).
Although we are a small library, 70,000+ vols., we have a good video
collection (about 5,000 titles, 60% nonfiction/40% features) and they are
all cataloged on a state-wide bibliographic system called PALS. The
web-site is www.sdln.net and searching is available to anyone with web
access. Currently our library is not a member of OCLC so ILL requests must
be handled by mail. Yankton Community Library (see signature for address
and phone). We do assess a $5 out-of-state ILL fee to cover mailing costs.