Re: PPR AND SENIORS' HOMES

Jean McCarron (jean@nvdpl.north-van.bc.ca)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:20:36 -0800 (PST)

Look - I'm really sorry to come into all this so late (Have been away) and
stir the pot some more, but did anyone notice that the original question
came from Saskatoon in Canada? Canadian copyright law differs quite a lot
from US law and I have definitely been told by lawyers in copyright
workshops here in Vancouver that - sadly - PPR is necessary in senior
citizen homes. While it may possibly be that there are "details" about single
rooms vs. common rooms etc., I think Carol should carefully check the
Canadian Copyright act or the CLA site for copyright info. before she
goes ahead.

Jean A. McCarron
Audiovisual Collections Coordinator
North Vancouver District Public Library
1280 East 27th Street North Vancouver BC Canada V7J 1S1
jean.mccarron@nvdpl.north-van.bc.ca
TEL. DIRECT LINE: (604)990-5817
TEL. LIBRARY: (604)990-5800 FAX: (604)984-7600
NVDPL on the web:http://www.nvdpl.north-van.bc.ca