Re: PPR AND SENIORS' HOMES

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:38:30 -0800 (PST)

I don't think it makes any difference whether the resident selects the
video or whether it is part of the home's programming. It's still the
residents' room and the showing in that room does not constitute a public
performance. The showing is not open to the public nor does it take place
in a public place. Those conditions must exist for it to be a public
performance. You don't need public performance rights if it's not a
public performance.

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University