Re: DVD packaging/shelving dilemma

dawn porfirio-milton (mrsfalbo@hotmail.com)
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 15:47:18 -0800 (PST)

11/4/99

Hi Randy,

Our library Friends group is buying us new furniture for our DVD's (BCI
company). We will be using browsing bins and some "face out" shelving. If
we hadn't bought new shelving, I suspect we could have used our video
shelving. Have you tried existing shelving for music cd's or videos???
Regarding repackaging-I wonder if patrons would get confused if the
packaging is the same size as cd's or CD-ROMS. Here we are using a swap out
system with the actual DVD held in a CD case at the Circ. Dept. The patron
will bring up the empty DVD packaging to the Circ. counter to get the DVD.
Hope this info helps.

Dawn Porfirio-Milton
Chula Vista Public Library