RE: Video showings in the library

Gary Handman (
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:20:09 -0800 (PST)

Uh...Richard...charging has fees has nothing to do with it. You show a
film or video in public, you need public performance rights. Period. I
like the idea of public libraries screening films and videos, also; I'd
never do it without paying off the copyright owner or his/her agent.

At 01:50 PM 11/04/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>You cannot do this for free! You must pay a license.
>Carol Dunn
the libra"
UC Berkeley 94720-6000