Re: Video showings in the library

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:12:55 -0800 (PST)

Depends what kind of things you want to program. Most standard Hollywood
films would be handled by either MPLC or Criterion in Chicago. For foreign
and Independent films there are a number of companies( including mine) that
have rights to a large number of titles. Also you need to understand is that
the distributor of Home Video is NOT NECCESSARILY the owner of the PPR
rights. You need to be VERY careful about who actually owns the PPR on any
non studio film. If you just want to program standard popular stuff MPLC
should work so long as you get an EXACT list of TITLES ( pay no attention
to the glossy list of "companies" the represent), however if you want more
off-beat titles you will have to check around

Jessica
Kino
(I will gladly send you a catalogue)