Re: DVD Cometh

Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:33:50 -0800 (PST)

At UCB we have about 2700 international cinema titles (out of a total
collection of about 9000 titles). Use of the cinema constitutes at least
40% of our total circulation...most likely higher. UCB has a middling film
studies program...the balance of use of the cinema collection is by ethnic
studies, American Studies, Women's Studies, foreign language departments,
history and political science. DVD is definitely on our horizon.

Gary Handman

UC Berkeley 94720-6000