Re: DVD Cometh

Frank Landrum (flandrum@lane.k12.or.us)
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 12:05:26 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for stirring the pot Gary. Like many others I am cautious about DVD
and also thought it somewhat like laserdisc. In the past few months - and
particularly after attending the National Media Market last month - I am
becoming convinced that it somehow ties into our national move to
digitizing. Congress may be wrong about 2006, but I think this is part of
the process that we will go through as we look digital delivery, video
streaming, or whatever it becomes. It may not be this format, but digital
will take over. (Hey I was skeptical about Compact Discs, but my kids
forced me into the modern world). It appeared at the NMM that several
companies are into and committed to educational video - at least at the
k-12 arena. We plan on buying some DVD and players and sending them out
together to our schools.
I may asking for rosary beads before it's all over.
Thanks for listening. Let's hear more from others about their thoughts.
Be kind to yourself!
Frank Landrum
Lane ESD