Re: Black Women in Film

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Although, Calling the Shots (1989 Direct Cinema) deals primarily with white
women fimmakers, there are interviews with at least one woman filmmaker of
color. Also, Women Make Movies distributes The Cinematic Jazz of Julie Dash
(1992)
I'm afraid that's all I can think of in a rush.

Oksana

At 09:28 AM 10/29/99 -0700, you wrote:
>For a professor here I'm trying to locate *documentaries* about black
>women in film -- working in any capacity, but most likely as actresses or
>directors. I don't need the titles of films with black women. I'm
>specifically looking for documentaries about these women. Thanks... --
>Kris
>
>Kristine R. Brancolini, Media and Film Studies
>Main Library E050, 1320 E. Tenth Street
>Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>Phone: 812.855.6281 | Fax: 812.855.1649 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8