Re: "History of Television"

Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah...it was a pretty good piece...never released on video, to my
knowledge. You might consider Films for the Humanities "Dawn of the Eye"
series as a not-altogether-satisfactory alternative. There's also a PBS
piece called Big Dream Small Screen ("The story of Philo T. Farnsworth,
who is seldom credited his inventive contributions although he developed
and exhibited his television well in advance of his chief competitor.")

Gary

At 07:48 PM 10/20/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings Videodrones;
>
>Do any of you know if a series called "The History of Televison,"
>hosted by Edwin Newman, was ever released on videotape? It had at
>least 6 episodes to it.
>
>It aired on the Dallas PubTV station back in 1988.
>
>Any info would be welcomed.
>
>TIA,
>-Margaret
>

>M.A.Dew
>Southern Methodist University
>Center for Media and IT
>103C Fondren Library West
>Dallas, TX 75275
><mdew@mail.smu.edu>
>www.smu.edu/cul/ncmit
>
>"My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits
>with my net income."
>-Errol Flynn

UC Berkeley 94720-6000