Re: Film Archives

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:39:45 -0700 (PDT)

At 12:11 PM 10/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings,
> I'm hopeful that someone on Videolib has a knowledge of film archives,
>especially those in the Eastern U.S.
>A faculty member here is trying to locate films of Lois Weber, a silent film
>director, writer, actress, & producer. I've identified several for
>purchase, but he is interested in identifying an archive that might have
>other works by this individual available for screening. I've attempted to
>use our existing print resources fr identifying collections, along with the
>Internet without success. Does anyone know of an archive or a good index
>for identifying film research libraries & archives?!
> Any hints or leads would be gratefully appreciated!
> Many thanks,
> Beth
Beth:

Some useful sites:
Repositories of Primary Sources Eastern U.S. and Canada
http://www.uidaho.edu/special-collections/east1.html

Public Motion Picture Research Centers and Film Archives
http://lcweb.loc.gov/film/arch.html

I think your best bet is to suggest a little trip to the Library of
Congress. I know they have a number of Weber's films there and your
requestor can make arrangements to view them there.

do a search for weber, lois at http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/gateway.html#lc

Oksana
Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8