Re: Videos on the Effects of Technology

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

Complete descriptions of each title below are listed at <www.facets.org>.

"A Nous la Liberte", "Avalon", "Blow-Up", "The Crowd", "Desk Set", "A Face
in the Crowd", "The Magnificent Ambersons", "Modern Times", "Mon Oncle",
"Network", "Peeping Tom", "Playtime", "Sex, Lies & Videotape" and "Synthetic
Pleasures".

If you have any questions or need any additional information please fee free
to contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill
Director of Educational Services
Facets Video
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
e-mail: brian@facets.org
phone: 800-331-6197
fax: 773-929-5437

At 02:51 PM 10/11/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>A prof in cognitive science is going to use "Quest for Fire" in her course
>on Technology and Culture. She wants other suggestions. I gave her the
>_Connections_ series with James Burke if she wants a documentary series,
>but I'm drawing a blank on other titles. Here's her actual request. Any
>ideas? Thanks... -- Kris
>
>"...if you should think of any other films which might help demonstrate
>the effects of technology (or discoveries/inventions) on people's lives
>and thought, I'd be happy to hear about them."
>
>Kristine R. Brancolini, Media and Film Studies
>Main Library W101A, 1320 E. Tenth Street
>Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>Phone: 812.855.6281 | Fax: 812.855.1649 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu

***WIN FREE VIDEOS BY ENTERING OUR MONTHLY WEB PAGE CONTESTS!
***THE COMPLETE FACETS CATALOG IS NOW ON-LINE! SEARCH THE ENTIRE FACETS
CATALOG ON OUR WEB SITE FOR TITLES, DIRECTORS, GENRES, AND MORE!
FACETS MULTI-MEDIA, INC. OPERATING HOURS:
1517 W. FULLERTON AVE. SALES..:9am-8pm MON-FRI
CHICAGO, IL 60614 10am-6pm SAT
SALES...1-800-331-6197 closed SUN
RENTALS.1-800-532-2387 RENTALS:10am-10pm MON-SAT
GENERAL.773-281-9075 12pm-10pm SUN
FAX.....773-929-5437

VISIT OUR WEBSITE! - http://www.facets.org

EMAIL: