Re: Videos on the Effects of Technology

Judy Jones (
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:16:35 -0700 (PDT)

Also, concepts related to the business aspects of technology
and culture would be the deliberate obsolesence of technology
(such as records, 8-track, audiocassette, CD, ?, etc) and the
mergers of large companies into mega companies who will
ultimately be able to buy and sell the world. Conspiracy theory
runs rampant again.

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:20:06 -0700
(PDT) Reply-to: From:
"Randy Pitman" <> To: Multiple
recipients of list <> Subject: Re:
Videos on the Effects of Technology

Hi Kris,

One of the best series I've seen is called "Visions of Heaven and Hell:
Information Technology and the Future" (VL-5/97) from Films for the
Humanities (800-257-5126). The series dates from 1995, but the
interviewees--Howard Rheingold, William Gibson, Jaron Lanier--are a few
years ahead of the rest of us, so it seems remarkably contemporary.

Randy Pitman
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380