Re: Collection development policies

Nell Chenault (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

You may also want to consult the following books:

Scholtz, James C.. Video policies and procedures for libraries. Santa
Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio. 1991.

Scholtz, James C.. Video acquisitions and cataloging: a handbook. The
Greenwood Library Management Collection. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press,
1995.

Pitman, Randy. The Video Librarian's Guide to Collection Development and
Management. G. K. Hall & Co., NY, 1992.

Handman, Gary P., ed.. Video collection development in multi-type
libraries: and handbook. The
Greenwood Library Management Collection. Westport, Conn.: 1994.

And Kris and Rick's
Brancolini, Kristine and Rick E. Provine, compilers. Video collections and
multimedia in ARL libraries / a SPEC kit. Washington, DC : Association of
Research Libraries, Office of Management Services, 1993.

At 09:49 AM 10/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
> Hello, 'libbers,
>
> I'm going to take Rhonda Rosen's advice and ask the experts.
> Here at S.D.S.U. we are in the process of formulating a collection
> development policy for our Media center. We feel that it would be
> very helpful if we could view other library's development policies for
> their media collections. Would anyone out there be willing to fax,
> e-mail or snail-mail me their policy? Thanks in advance, and wish
> us luck......

Nell J. Chenault nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu
Cabell Media Resource Services
University Library Services
Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA 23284-2033 (804) 828-1088 FAX: 828-7473