Re: Recent Telecom Headlines

Milos Stehlik (milos@interaccess.com)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 05:38:14 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Oksana:

I think we can take on the digital moguls of the universe by

- proving that digital compression also means you can watch a 3 hour
movie in one hour without using fast forward

- explain why the newly re-released World at War now appears on nine
cassettes instead of 26 which puts the Battle of Stalingrad on Volume 4
instead of volume 16

- premiere the first Hopalong Cassidy with Dobly surround stereo

- hold a debate about why every film ever mentioned in the New York Times
should be available on DVD with subtitles BEFORE any writer for the
New York Times ever dares mention it; better yet, you should be able to
point your breakfast spoon at the newspaper and click on the title so that
it gets delivered to you directly from the internet vending machine deep in
the rain forest express by the US Pony Express

- we can perhaps get Oprah to help teach the rest of the world on how to
hold an intelligent conversation - as many people do already today -- this is
the advance(d) civilization -- about a movie, any movie, for at least 20
minutes, only adding at the end the disclaimer, "I didn't see it yet and don't
know
if I will, but I saw the trailer."

best,

Milos Stehlik