Re: It Happened One Night

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:11:47 -0700 (PDT)

If you are thinking of the 1934 Clark Gable- Claudette Colbert film
directed by Frank Capra, you won't find it letterboxed or in a widescreen
edition because it was never shot that way. What Facets and MU have is it.
Widescreen processes, although experimental during the period this film was
made, were not generally used until the 1950's. We can get into a
discussion of how much of the actual 35mm image is actually missing when
viewed on television, but we won't...

Oksana

At 11:52 AM 9/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of "It Hppened One Night" on
laserdisc widescreen letterbox version?
> I have already tried Facets and Movies Unlimited
> Thanks
>
> ***************************************
> Sheila Ouellette
> Manager, Acquisitions and Serial Services
> St. Louis Community College
> 5460 Highland Park Drive
> St. Louis, MO 63110
> Tel:314-644-9557
> Fax: 314-652-9269
> souellette@ccm.stlcc.cc.mo.us
Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8