Re: Artist and Art History video search

Danuta Zwierciadlowski (
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:11:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim,

If you want a source for art videos that will boggle the mind try:
Art on Film Database

Other sources that I use:
Roland Collection
Michael Blackwood Films
First Run/Icarus Films
Films for the Humanities
Museum of Modern Art. Circulating Library (NY) no cat. avail on web
University of California Extension Centre

Jim Scholtz wrote:

> Hi Gang, I have a patron who wants some art history/artist biography
> videos - he will buy some for the library. I know CPB Annenberg has the
> series "Art of the Western World" and AIT has 3 series on art history but
> do you know if the two great series from Films, Inc/PMI and Kartes Home
> Video are still available from any vendor? "Goya" was one Kartes title and
> Norman Rockwell was a Films, Inc. title. I could get the name of the 2
> series but I'm at my office and thought I'd take thte easy way our and ask
> the experts. Any help would be appreciated. thanks loads. Jim Scholtz.

  Danuta Zwierciadlowski, Librarian
  Emily Carr Institute of Art & Design
  1399 Johnston Street
  Vancouver, BC  V6J 3R9
  PHONE: (604) 844-3807     FAX: (604) 844-3801