Re: Pygmalion Effect

Stan Nicotera (stann@sivideo.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

At 10:28 AM 9/16/99 -0700, you wrote:
>We have a sound recording on this topic, but I checked OCLC WorldCat and
couldn't find a film or video. The record for the sound recording is
below. I thought I had seen a film or video on this topic, so I was
surprised that OCLC didn't have anything.
>Kristine Brancolini
>Indiana University Libraries

Kristine,

We have the following video available for 14.99. Hope it helps you. Stan

Pygmalion - 1938 - 94 minutes - B&W
Starring: Jean Cadell, Everley Gregg, Wendy Hiller, Leslie Howard, Wally
Patch, Esme Percy, Anthony Quayle, Viola Tree, Cecil Trouncer - Directed by
Anthony Asquith
5 Stars - Literary Classic, Romantic Comedy - Leslie Howard as Professor
Henry Higgins, who transforms cockney flower girl Eliza Doolittle (Wendy
Hiller) into a lady. Adapted from a George Bernard Shaw story.
Award Nominations: Best Actor 1938 Academy; Best Actress Wendy Hiller 1938
Academy;
Best Picture 1938 Academy; Competing Film 1938 Venice Film Festival; Volpi
Cup for Best
Actor (win) Leslie Howard 1938 Venice Film Festival; Best Screenplay (win)
George Bernard Shaw 1939 Academy

-------
Stan Nicotera
S.I. Video Sales Group
1531 Placida Road, #3202,
POB 968, Englewood, FL 34295
941-473-2601 Fax 941-473-2701
E-Mail: mailto:stann@sivideo.com
Special Interest Videos: http://www.sivideo.com
Feature Films area: http://www.sivideo.com/indexmov.htm
Open Captioned area: http://www.sivideo.com/opencap.htm

"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence then is a habit, not an act."
Aristotle