Re: Home Use Videos in Meeting Rooms

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 14:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

I was only replying to the specific question about family groups but in
general I agree with Kris provided you use a little common sense. If 10
students in an intro film class all want to watch CITIZEN KANE together in a
conference room I don't see a problem but if a student group or Frat wants
to reserve a conference room to screen a specific movie at a specific time
there may be a problem. You can't really allow the room to be used for some
kind of regularly scheduled films as this would enter the realm of a public
screening but as for the studios who have claimed that study carrels
constitute a Public Performance, I think that is insane ( though I know a
few libraries who pay for this)

Jessica