Re: Sunrise (F.W.Murnau, 1924)

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:32:47 -0700 (PDT)

Why not get the laserdisc that came out last year? It had both the old
Movietone soundtrack and a new one, as well as out-takes, script and other
supplemental materials. The image looked very good. I would much rather
show excellent quality video than crappy 16mm film. For instance, we are
now going to show the new video of Strike that Kino recently issued rather
than our old dupey print. (This is not a plug, Jessica)

So do consider video as an alternative to 16mm film.

Oksana
At 01:42 PM 8/27/99 -0700, you wrote:
>You can try the Museum of Modern Art but I do not know if they sell copies.
>Criterion in Chicago owns the righs through fox but has no 16mm material
>
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino
>----------
>>From: Ann E Donahue <adonahue@hopper.unh.edu>
>>To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
>>Subject: Sunrise (F.W.Murnau, 1924)
>>Date: Fri, Aug 27, 1999, 8:08 PM
>>

>>I am looking to purchase this title in the 16 mm format and would
>>appreciate any suggestions for a source. Many thanks.
>>
>>Annie Donahue
>>Assistant Professor/Librarian
>>Oudens Library
>>University of New Hampshire at Manchester
>>
>>adonahue@cisunix.unh.edu

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8