RE: Withdrawn 3/4" U-Matic Titles - Hazardous?

Pamela S. Reeves (PReeves@uwyo.edu)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 10:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

Send them to Eco-Media, and they will recycle the tape and the cassettes.
They pay the postage with free pickup by sending you A.R. S. shipping
labels. They will also furnish you with a certificate of destruction.

ECO Media Recycling Center
(800) 359-4601
8012 Remmet Avenue
Canoga Park, CA 91304

Pamela Reeves
Preeves@uwyo.edu <mailto:Preeves@uwyo.edu>
University of Wyoming
Audio Visual Services
P.O. Box 3273
Laramie, WY 82071
(307)766-3184

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Jones [SMTP:jonesjm@libraryserver.lib.csus.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 1999 10:59 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Withdrawn 3/4" U-Matic Titles - Hazardous?

We are planning on withdrawing a large number of 3/4" U-Matic titles

from our collection during the next few months. By today's
standards, does anyone know if these must be disposed of in any
special way. Can they just be thrown in the dumpster?

(Now, now, please don't tell me you want them. Unlike film, these
videos have outlived their shelf life in addition to containing
dated
subject matter and low to no use. )