Re: "Beats"?McCarthy?

Brian McCaskill (brian@facets.org)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:09:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sally,

Beat generation titles:

Allen Ginsberg
Beat Generation: An American Dream
Beat Legends: Gregory Corso
Beat Legends: Allen Ginsberg
Fried Shoes, Cooked Diamonds
Gang of Souls
Heart Beat
Kerouac
The Life and Times of Allen Ginsberg
Paul Bowles: The Complete Outsider
Pull My Daisy
Ray Bremser: The Jazz Poems
Towers Open Fire
What Happened to Kerouac?

McCarthyism titles:

Big Jim McLain
Citizen Cohn
The Commies are Coming, the Commies are Coming!
The Front
Guilty by Suspicion
Hollywood on Trial
House of Un-American Activities
McCarthy: Death of a Witchhunter
The Red Menace
Seeing Red

Descriptions for each of these titles are available at <www.facets.org> but
if you need any more information please feel free to contact me at your
convenience.

Sincerely,

Brian McCaskill
Director of Educational Services
Facets Video
1517 W. Fullerton Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
e-mail: brian@facets.org
phone: 800-331-6197
fax: 773-929-5437

At 01:42 PM 08/04/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Videolibbers: I am working on a project for which we need some good
>material on the 50s. Specifically, can anyone suggest a good title on the
>"beat generation," or writers/artists, etc. of that era? Also, any
>suggestions for a good piece on McCarthyism (other than "Point of Order" and
>"Legacy of the Hollywood Blacklist)? All suggestions gratefully accepted!
>Sally Mason-Robinson

***WIN FREE VIDEOS BY ENTERING OUR MONTHLY WEB PAGE CONTESTS!
***THE COMPLETE FACETS CATALOG IS NOW ON-LINE! SEARCH THE ENTIRE FACETS
CATALOG ON OUR WEB SITE FOR TITLES, DIRECTORS, GENRES, AND MORE!
FACETS MULTI-MEDIA, INC. OPERATING HOURS:
1517 W. FULLERTON AVE. SALES..:9am-8pm MON-FRI
CHICAGO, IL 60614 10am-6pm SAT
SALES...1-800-331-6197 closed SUN
RENTALS.1-800-532-2387 RENTALS:10am-10pm MON-SAT
GENERAL.773-281-9075 12pm-10pm SUN
FAX.....773-929-5437

VISIT OUR WEBSITE! - http://www.facets.org

EMAIL: