Re: request for titles on AV librarianship

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Michael, Well, how about books by James C. Scholtz on video
librarianship (ABC-Clio, ALA and Greenwood Press), Gary Handman edited a
great book on media librarianship within the past 5-years (Greenwood
Press); Sally Mason-Robinson has a great book on media librarian ship out
(Neal Schuman); In the early 90's ABC-Clio's Video Rating Guide had some
great articles and the Video Annuals (again ABC-Clio, edited by Dr. Jeanne
Kraemer) had some great statistical and informational articles in them
('87-92). Randy Pitman has a great book out on Video Movies (ABC-Clio).
Check with Gary Handman (ghanman@library.berkeley.edu) at UC Berkeley -
Moffit Library for a complete bibliography. I think you'll find some great
stuff - Try Greenwood Press' Library management series - ABC-Clio also had
a great book out for school librarians (I can't remember tha title
off-had). Mark Ritchie had an excellent book on TQM in school media
centers published by ACET and AFVA had a great book on using film in
classrooms/libraries called "At the Movies with Bad Dog". I'm sure I'm
leaving some authors out. Hope this information helps. Jim Scholtz.