Re: request for titles on AV librarianship

Tue, 3 Aug 1999 15:39:53 -0700 (PDT)

The following are the few vaguely recent works specifically devoted to
video librarianship that I know of:

Brancolini, Kristine. Audiovisual Policies in ARL Libraries. Washington,
D.C.:
Office of Management Services, Association of Research
Libraries,

Brancolini, Kristine. Audiovisual Policies in College
Libraries. Chicago, IL:
Association of College & Research Libraries, 1991

Brancolini, Kristine. Video Collections and Multimedia in ARL
Libraries:
Changing Technologies. Washington, D.C.: Association of
Research Libraries,
Office of Management Services, 1997

Handman, Gary. Video Collection Development in Multi-type
Libraries: A
Handbook. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1994.

Mason-Robinson, Sally. Developing and Managing Video
Collections: A
How-To-Do-It Manual for Librarians. New York: Neal Schuman
Publishers,
1996.

Pitman, Randy. The Video Librarian's Guide to Collection
Development and
Management. New York: G.K. Hall, 1992

Pitman, Randy. Video Movies: A Core Collection for Libraries.
Santa
Barbara, CA: ABC- CLIO, 1990

Scholtz, James. Video Acquisitions and Cataloging: A Handbook.
Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1995.

Scholtz, James. Video Policies and Procedures for Libraries.
Santa
Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, 1991.

At 02:05 PM 08/03/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>There seems to be a dearth of recent literature (esp. books) about AV
>librarianship. I've come across periodicals and info on the web, but
>most of the books I've found are from the 70's and 80's. Can anyone
>suggest good, recent (1990+) books for someone just getting started in
>the field? Materials which explore the basic issues -- collection
>development, equipment/software maintenance, copyright and censorship
>issues, public vs. academic AV settings, etc? There must be something
>out there.
>
>Thanks,
> Mike

UC Berkeley 94720-6000