Re: pricey videos dilemma

Gail B. Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:58:34 -0700 (PDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Heckman <Ksheckma@cedarcrest.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Monday, July 26, 1999 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: pricey videos dilemma

>How do you qualify limited amount of students. Where do you come up with
the figures?

>Karen S. Heckman
>Audio Visual Services Supervisor
>Cedar Crest College
>100 College Drive
>Allentown, PA 18011
>Phone: 610-437-4471 ext. 3539
>E-Mail: ksheckma@cedarcrest.edu

Karen,

Sorry for the delay in responding; you caught me on vacation. I do not have
a hard-and-fast rule for calculating "a limited number of students." The
number is generally that of an upper division class (12 - 25 students
average) for which only one, maybe two, sections are offered per semester or
per year. Most freshman and sophomore level classes (25 - 150 students
average) usually offer more than two sections within this time frame. I
also consider whether the program can be used by more than one department
and am more willing to consider purchasing it solely from my budget if it
will be applicable (and used!) across disciplines.

Hope this helps.
Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University