Re: pricey videos dilemma

Karen Heckman (Ksheckma@cedarcrest.edu)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:12:37 -0700 (PDT)

How do you qualify limited amount of students. Where do you come up with the figures?

Karen S. Heckman
Audio Visual Services Supervisor
Cedar Crest College
100 College Drive
Allentown, PA 18011
Phone: 610-437-4471 ext. 3539
E-Mail: ksheckma@cedarcrest.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhonda Rosen <rrosen@popmail.lmu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Friday, July 23, 1999 2:57 PM
Subject: pricey videos dilemma

>hi all,
>
>just curious...i just got handed a request from our business dept.
>for five videos, each costing $795.00 each. they will probably discount
>to $695.00, but do you all pay this price for videos?
>
>i know business videos are expensive, and on occasion i bite the bullet
>and purchase them, but sheesh, this is so steep! are you guys all putting
>out this kind of money for these videos?
>
>rhonda

When departments request programs that cost this much, I request that they
share in the cost. Generally, if they feel the programs are worth the
price, they will contribute at least 10%, sometimes 25%. If they are not
willing to contribute anything, especially at the beginning of the fiscal
year, I am very hesitant to spend that much money on so few programs that
will serve a limited number of students.

Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132