Re: Old Media Equipment

Sally S. Wellman (
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 06:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

At 06:20 AM 7/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there a place for old media equipment - such as record players in both
>working and nonworking conditions, and old cameras, tape recorders, etc?

Because we are a state agency and our equipment is state property, it goes
to state surplus. I think the State periodically opens up the surplus
warehouse and tries to sell the stuff. We never see any of the money. I
guess it goes into the general fund.
Sally S. Wellman
Asst. Coordinator, Special Services
& Manager, Audiovisual Resource Center
State Library of Louisiana
701 North 4th St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Phone: (225)-342-4939
Fax: (225)-342-4941