Re: Video Documentary Review

Thu, 22 Jul 1999 15:22:05 -0700 (PDT)

Who would even give an assignment like this? It's completely
irresponsible. And you can quote me on that, but I wouldn't if you value
your grade in the course. First of all, this film is a classic. If it
were available for purchase, you would just buy it. You wouldn't look up
reviews. Secondly, it's probably out-of-print, so it's moot. You can't
buy it even if you wanted to. Thirdly, it's so old that no one probably
has the review sources anymore. I looked it up in _Media Review Digest_
just for the heck of it. Where to start? We don't have it until 1970;
I'm not sure if it was published as early as 1968. Maybe it was reviewed
when it was released in 1991. So I checked 1991 and 1992. No luck. So I
checked the first volume of _Media Review Digest_ that we have, 1970.
It's listed!: "Bailey-Film Associates, 1968, 16mm, 60 min. sd col."
Positive reviews in Catholic School Journal, vol. 70, no. 4, April
[1970?], page 37; Mass Media, vol. 12, no. 4, June 29, page 1; Media and
Methods, vol. 7, no. 14, December, page 27.

If your library owns _Media Review Digest_ that's the best place to start
on an assignment like this one. Good luck!

Kristine Brancolini
Indiana University Libraries