Re: "Video Search" suggestion

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 06:56:27 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah, Rick! That suggestion has been made before (in fact, I think I made
it once on another list), and it helps for a while, but eventually we're
back to the don't-tell subject lines.

I'd think the person doing the asking would WANT to include the movie title
in the subject line. When I post a question, it's always easy to recognize
the replies that are meant for me. Among all the "RE: video search"
messages, I can pick out mine immediately because there's my movie title in
plain sight. That same convenience applies when I'm following the thread of
someone else's request, and trying to match up the replies with the
particular search that caught my attention earlier in the day.

Marilyn Huntley
Hamilton College