Re: casablanca trivia

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:00:11 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, you're absolutely right. This film also marks the film comeback of
Alla Nazimova whose silent films are now mostly known for her
collaborations with set designer Natacha Rambova and Rambova's husband
Rudolph Valentino. [O.K. I promise I won't comment anymore but there's
interesting trivia everywhere you look]

Oksana

At 01:36 PM 7/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Have any of you seen "Escape?" (1940-dir. Mervyn LeRoy)
>Veidt is the German gentleman-officer who keeps Norma Shearer in a
>very comfortable lifestyle until Robert Taylor (ugh.) comes along and
>appeals to her patriotism to help him smuggle his mother out of a
>labor camp. Veidt comes off as (IMHO) a sympathetic and
>(uh oh here's where I get into trouble) honorable character. Too
>bad it seems to be out of print.
>
>-margaret
>
>~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
>M.A.Dew
>SMU Center for Media and IT
>103-C Fondren Library West
>Dallas, TX 75275
><mdew@mail.smu.edu>
>www.smu.edu/cul/ncmit
>
>-meandering to a different drummer-

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8