Re: casablanca trivia

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

Oh he's great. He was incredibly popular in the U.S. with many articles
about him in such magazines as Photoplay. Veidt was also in Galleen's
version of the Student of Prague (monstrously eerie film) and played
Gwynplaine in The Man Who Laughs (one of my all time favorite films). He
was also Marquis de Sade in Gance's Napoleon and on and on. Quite a career
in Germany and in the U.S.

Oksana

At 09:05 AM 7/19/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Just for fun....
>
>I watched Casablanca again last night, and was
>amazed to see the name Conrad Viedt in the credits.
>He played the tall German officer...what a pleasure to watch.
>Well...
>He was the scary Somnambulist Cesar in the Cabinet of Caligari, and
>a leading actor in other German silent films.

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8