Re: volunteers needed - film market NYC

Alex Mogens Galt (agalt@hms.harvard.edu)
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:53:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Erica,

I will be in New York as of August 15th or so, and I'd be happy to
volunteer in whatever capacity you would have me in, and as my schedule
permits. I have zero experience related to film (other than having watched
several, and having written a screenplay), but I'm interested enough in
seeing how something like this operates to ADAPT myself (though I prefer to
not have to compromise personal ethics or integrity - I can't imagine this
would be a problem).

Thank you have a nice day,

Alex

At 01:07 PM 07/09/1999 , you wrote:

>Hello Everyone: I am currently working for the IFP as Press Coordinator for
>the upcoming Independent Feature Film Market in New York. We are seeking
>volunteers for the Press Desk and all other areas. Please pass this along
>if you know anyone who might be interested.
>
>Erica Blitz
>erica@re-voir.com
>

>************* PLEASE FORWARD - PLEASE POST **************
>
> ___ VOLUNTEER STAFF NEEDED FOR 21ST ANNUAL _____
> ___ INDEPENDENT FEATURE FILM MARKET ____________
>
>Angelika Film Center, New York City, September 17-24, 1999
>
>Take part in the first and longest running market for American independent
>film, where such films as ONE FALSE MOVE, THE BROTHERS MCMULLEN and CLERKS
>were first discovered. You can attend the IFFM as a volunteer, make
>valuable contacts and earn one year of membership to the Independent Feature
>Project (IFP*), America’s leading independent film organization. Volunteers
>are needed in all areas throughout the summer and at the market itself. Put
>your skills to good use and be part of a team that is dedicated to
>supporting and promoting independent film.
>
>Next NYC Volunteer Meeting:
>
>WEDNESDAY JULY 14, 1999
>6:30 PM
>SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS
>209 East 23rd Street, 3rd Floor Amphitheater

>For more info on the IFP and their chapters (North, South, Midwest and West)
>go to:
>
> http://www.ifp.org/docs.cfm/Locales/East/Film_Market
>
>For more info on volunteering (especially if you cannot make the 7/14
>meeting) go to:
>
> http://www.ifp.org/docs.cfm/Locales/East/Film_Market/Market_News

>* The IFP is a non-profit organization created to support the courageous
>work of artists and technicians working in independent film. IFP is
>organized into 5 regional locales, supporting filmmakers in Los Angeles, New
>York, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Miami.
>
>http://www.ifp.org

Alex Mogens Galt
Staff Committee on Diversity