Re: viewing room

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 14:19:23 -0700 (PDT)

At 11:50 AM 7/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am working on installing a media viewing classroom in an existing
>classroom. I am interested in any input anyone may have. Basically, my
>only concern so far is that the room is a little wide and I am not sure
>we will be able to get away with one projection system. I am looking to
>install a ceiling mounted video projections system and a control booth at
>the front of the room for DVD and VHS.

We have used this presentation room as a model for about 20 others being
constructed this summer. Perhaps it might give you some ideas about control
booths and use:
http://iits.concordia.ca/services/labs_studios/learn_lang_labs/pres_room.html

Does anyone still show 16mm?
>Should this be set up? How do the traditional film professors/students
>feel about 16mm? Any input on any aspect of installing such a room would
>be greatly appreciated.

As for 16mm projectors, it is always more pleasant to have them in a
projection booth, rather than out in the open. That assumes that there is a
projectionist present at the screening. Talk to your users and see what
their needs are and whether you have the staff to accommodate their
potential requirements.

Oksana
Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-3441
Concordia University
H-342, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8